Successful Networking Checklist: Part 2
A Successful Networking Checklist
From Richard Thomson of TW Associates
Networking is all about building relationships. Successful people increase their chances of being in the right place at the right time by building a web of relationships to catch information.
Missed Part 1? Find it here
Part 2 – During a networking meeting
- Take your time, watch the ebb and flow of group conversations and join a group when there is a natural break
- If you are talking with others leave a gap so that someone can join your group.
- Act like a host – even though you are a guest.
- Ask don’t tell – after you have introduced yourself, build rapport by asking questions.
- Ask for a business card if you want to follow up, only give a card if you are asked.
- Make a firm appointment to meet anyone you want to follow up with.